Return to Index  

Lookin; to meet ya'll too!

July 26 2005 at 10:43 PM

jo  (Login jo_wa)
Forum Member

Response to It has been

We've met a lot of the guys a few times but I'm bad on names. We were in Jeffersonville & Evansville. Seabat, you're doing a great job learning everything! I'm into all the "internal" workings but love the ship & really enjoy all the guys & their stories. We've been hearing about the ship since they 1st started talking about getting a ship & making a museum. Hmmm, what's that been, 15 years now? There were so many disappointments along the way. We have a ship, nope, now we have one, nope. It was so exciting to finally know she was really on her way. (Kind of like expectant parents!) I was so disappointed when they encountered delays & I couldn't meet it in Boston or Mobile but settled to being glued right here so I could read every tidbit anyone had on the journey. The people here were so good about sharing any news they had. Then I got away from it until the Boston trip. I'll probably be in Evansville quite a bit so look forward to meeting everyone. You (Seabat) sound like you might be fairly close too, so hope to meet up with you!

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.