Return to Index  

How to post a picture in a message...

January 27 2006 at 12:09 PM

SeaBat  (Login SeaBat)
Forum Member

Response to winston pic

Your picture file should be small... I'm not sure (maybe Skip or Rudy can tell us, but I think about 100 kb or so...) .jpg files are easiest Please note that the photos are held in a temporary file for about 14 days or so.... then they 'disappear' from the posting.

Have it saved in a folder on your computer.

Go into respond (or Post a New Message)

Put your name and the message title. Type in any message text you want to show..

At the bottom of the screen you will see a small button labeled "Insert Object"

You get a new screen. There is a highlighted line that says "Temporary Files" Click on that. A button appears to allow you to "Browse" and get to the picture file in a regular folder on your computer.

Once you find the picture in your computer's folder, open it and then the name of that file (the link) will show in the open box. Hit the "Upload" button that is next to the "Browse" button. (If your photo file is too large it will give you an error message now)

Wait a few moments for the photo file to load. When it is loaded, on the right side you will see the image that you want to share. Click on "Insert File" and the file should be inserted into the text file of your message.

Click on the "Preview" to show your message and make sure it shows as you want it to, then hit the "Respond" button.

If I can do it ANYONE can!!! Look forward to seeing the picture... if you have a problem, let me know!

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.