Return to Index  

I bet when you were little you had the fastest wagon on the block!

May 25 2006 at 4:14 PM
Corpsman  (Login Corpsman)
Forum Member

Response to We're getting there, Flt Tech!

I certainly tried to do that myself. I used a lot of good quality oil on the wheels and grew stronger just pushing it faster. Racing is just part of growing up. After the security blanket is lifted on this particular Indiana racing effort, it would be interesting to get a full progress report with pictures. I suppose the point is to make me that much more interested to be there to take my own pictures on race day! One time, 1968, I watched an ocean racer buzz San Diego harbor at a quick pace an 1/8th mile distance off our port side and when it was on a line amid ship they slammed the throttle open full and it jumped out of the water and landed at least 20 feet from where they left the water. That churned up the water plenty. There appeared to be at least 4 civilians in it all wearing Maywest type floatation gear. I was impressed!

Respond to this message   
Responses

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.