Return to Index  

Another great week in Evansville...

August 19 2006 at 10:12 PM

Sherry  (Login switt81555)
Forum Member

...working on the ship. Got too see many of the friendly faces again from June and meet many more new, wonderful people. Nothing feels better than bein' filty dirty at the end of the day. As Pete Crasher, maintenance foreman, said to me one day when I asked if I was using the needle gun correctly (it was my first time using one):

Me: "Hey, Pete, am I doing this right?"
Pete: "Are you making a mess?"
Me: "Oh, yeah, no problem there!"
Pete: "Then you're doing it right."

With the exception of inevitable paint spots on my arms and bumping my head more times than I would like to admit on the bottom of an insulator when painting an overhang on the deck housing while on some scaffolding (you'd think I would remember it was there after the first time) everything went beautifully. Next time I might bring my bicycle helmet for added protection.

And I almost forgot - finally met the one and only Chris at Kipplee's. For anyone wondering, he is not a figment of someone's imagination. Had the pizza there and it was pretty darn good.

Looking forward to helping again.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.