Return to Index  

Bob...

September 11 2006 at 7:57 PM

SeaBat  (Login SeaBat)
Forum Member

Response to Open Email to SeaBat - LST Week

First of all, I hope you and Linda are both feeling better! The physical ailment with a disappointment on top of it isn't fun. I think everyone understands because we've all been there at one time or another. That's okay... next time, the crane... you'd better promise.

And by the way... since you were on the binnacle list, on Saturday they made me sweep... and sweep... and sweep... something about the guy that usually does that was slacking... I got a little bit of flack about how dirty I got. They actually accused me of rolling on the deck in dirt to make it look like I had worked! Imagine that! (Seriously, I was happy to do something productive for the ship.)

I was happy to meet you - even briefly - and there WILL be a next time when we can sit and visit. Meeting me couldn't have been a highlight... but meeting all of these Gators... whether for the first time or renewing a friendship... THAT is a highlight!

The time in Evansville is one that I will store in my memory. Those days that are tough are always brightened when I bring out memories such as these.

This message has been edited by SeaBat on Sep 12, 2006 11:12 PM

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.