Return to Index  

Words are not enough to express enough thank yous!

December 16 2006 at 9:33 PM

jo  (Login jo_wa)
Forum Member

Response to A special message...

Gold crew - thank you all for your unending efforts to find & bring an LST for everyone to not just see but to learn so much from & bring so much enjoyment to so many lives. Little did we know that once we saw her we would also fall in love with her. Being part of the LST325 "family" reminds me of chocolate, you see the LST & get a small taste, then you have to have a little more & more. You might even have withdrawals when you can't get there as often as you would like. It's been so nice to meet people with a common interest & then find you become real friends. The ship is like home, you want to keep going back, visiting family & friends & pitching in to keep the home looking good. It's hard to imagine not having this beautiful lady, that you brought us, in our lives. Another big thrill for me has been to see the enjoyment she is bringing to so many people. Just stand back, watch & listen to the visitors. Some it's just their expressions or their tears, others will tell you about their very interesting experiences. This was no simple task to just buy a ship & sail it home. There were the years of looking, finding one, loosing it & starting the search all over. Then the months of hard labor to just get her in sailing condition as well as the money. How many people would have looked at that mess & said forget it! Not the Gold Crew! They saw her with their hearts not their eyes. Then the long journey home (while we all sat here praying you'd make it home!). The guts and determination of these guys is wonderful! They don't make 'em like that anymore, do they! Thank you Gold Crew! Hugs & kisses to you all!

With all the Christmas rush I didn't think about this very important anniversary! Thanks Seabat for reminding us!

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.