Return to Index  

Close on 14 years....

May 30 2007 at 12:15 PM
Chappie46  (Login Chappie46)
Forum Member

Response to Thanks again..

now Steve....half of which time has been spent as the Official Archivist/Historian for the LST and Landing Craft Association.(Royal Navy). I am here to answer enquiries from relaives and veterans alike....in the main nowadays I find myself answering queries concerning Royal Navy personnel who were lost....not just in Normandy, but throughout the period 1942-1945.
Also of course many write stating that a relative was present with a landing craft on D-Day...asking me which which one..?? If they can supply a craft number I can usually tell them where their relatives were intended to be.?
At the same time I do try to recruit new members from amongst the veterans who contact me....in addition, when time allows, I write for Combined Operations webite...all in all I am kept very busy...I would have it no other way.
I am fortunate, I have here all the craft both British and American that were milling around the south coast of England during the Summer of 1944....with the craft numbers are the flotillas/divisions/squadrons of which they formed part, also here the beaches/landing zones of Normandy to which they were assigned.

Tony Chapman
Official Archivist/Historian
LST and Landing Craft Association (Royal Navy)

Respond to this message   
Responses

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.