Return to Index  

Here are Photos . . .

January 20 2008 at 11:29 AM
Son-of-Rosie  (Login Son-of-Rosie)
Forum Member

Response to an email from France

Below are the photos the man who emailed me from France sent. His name is Yves Kerempichon.

Here is his email explaining the photos, copied and pasted exactly as I received it: (I asked him to tell us who is in the photos)

Honestly I am not sure to be on the photos of the beach : my mother knew but she died in 1986. On the third photo I stay with my sister and my grandfather ( 73 old : he was catholic teacher in Quebec Province, Canada from 1890 to 1901 ). On our heads two US Navy white bonnets (?) given some days before by two lovely sailors. I have mine: inside its is possible to read :
COMSTOCH A.C. 387 Maybe can you find the author of this kindness ?
Our beach is a bay of 5 Km width of sand at low tide. Sometimes, from 11 august to 18 sept. we had together 10 LST: I can give you the numbers. The exact place is Saint Michel en Grève, Bretagne, not Cotentin ! See Google Earth.
Its ok for me to post these photos on your website. My grandfather : François ( dead 1948 ) and my sister : Geneviève lives in Paris. I am 69, Doctor retired 4 years ago. I am writing a book of souvenirs 1940-1944 during german Occupation ( we had one or two companies of Wehrmacht soldiers in Saint Michel ).
Glad to read you more
Yves

Here are the photos from his family album:

Yves is the boy on the left, here with his grandfather and sister. He still has the sailor cap. He is 69 years old now, a retired doctor.

This message has been edited by Son-of-Rosie on Jan 20, 2008 12:01 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.