Return to Index  


March 2 2008 at 7:33 PM
Kenneth Frank  (Login KenFrank)
Forum Member

Response to Anyone know of Veterans assistance or disability?

If you are disabled you can apply for total disability from SS. Once you are on that you automatically go on medicare too. Have them contact SS. Keep after them until you get someone who is willing to help. Most seem very good lately.

VA has some benefits too but service connected medical gets the highest priority. I think the only disability they have is service connected. You have to be already in the system to get regular medical from the VA. Right now they aren't registering new vets unless service connected.

If the guy is a member of the American Legion or VFW his Post Service Officer could help with VA stuff.

Hope that helps.

 Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.