Return to Index  

Have to aweigh in on this--just an opinion

March 18 2008 at 10:34 PM
FTSB - Bill  (Login bkaupas)
Forum Member

Response to My Point

I support the idea of providing the public with a boarder view of the LST history, her gator crews and troops, and the shipÂ’s duty from WW II through the Gulf War. I do not say this to moderate the sacrifice by the WW II veteran or the gold crew that rescued the 325, but rather, their successes started a 60-year history of the usefulness of the LST in the U.S. Navy.

So many will never know the totality of efforts by Captain Jornlin and so many others, and it does not stop, the efforts of those that have stepped up to the Quarterdeck from the Evansville community have taken over where others have left off. You all know who you are. And for those of us that came before and no longer can travel with easy as we did when the T was in Mobile--we maybe out of sight, but the ship is not out of mind.

LST-1167, Dong Tam, Republic of South Vietnam

This message has been edited by bkaupas on Mar 19, 2008 10:26 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.