Return to Index  

Thanks also

June 9 2008 at 10:30 PM

Garry  (Login hiindy)
Forum Member

Response to Operation LST D-Day a Huge Hit

I personally want to thank Tom Price for the LVT ride and for allowing the ship to bring him and it to Evansville to be a part of D-Day re-enactment.

Tom told the story of meeting an LVT driver from the war and related how much it meant to the veteran to come to visit the ship and the delight that ensued in seeing the LVT tied up to the barge. I am not sure that the family ever got him to settle down after seeing it. Only due to his health was he unable to ride in it, Tom offered but the gentleman's family did not think they could safely get him into the vehicle. The gentleman stood on the barge for a good 45 minutes to and hour talking about driving an LVT during the war.

Tom I say thank you to you but after meeting your wife I am sure she also needs a THANK YOU!!! And a Thank you to Ned and his wife for bringing the LVT to town.

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.