Return to Index  

I beg your pardon, Shaft

December 20 2008 at 4:39 AM

Chris  (Login Cornfield1)
Forum Member

Response to Be worried - something Chris doesn't have

I do have one of each model. And I have finished the LST model...well, kind of. One complaint I have is that there are not enough pictures in the instructions. Upon completion of the LST, I had some extra pieces sad.gif. And my finished work looks more like the Yorktown than an LST. But then again, both have at least one elevator. I had to move the superstructure to one side and paint CV-5 on the sides. It looks pretty unique. But a word of warning....watch out for the glue fumes. I did get a little light-headed while completing the model in the ward room.

As for the LCVP model. I just started it and have requested help from Ray and Pete, members of our maintenance crew. They refused to even look at the instructions. From what I've seen thus far, I think we're gonna end up with either a PT boat or a PBR. I don't want to be critical at this point. Hopefully we can complete this project before Easter being as Pete and Ray are busy reinventing the wheel.

PS, I take umbrage at those cracks you made about inability to follow directions, small pieces, children under 6, etc. Just wait till we get pictures of the finished products on the progress reports!
Starboard Counter Ballast

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.