Return to Index  

Cold Weather Tours

January 26 2009 at 9:57 AM
  (Login DDOwen)
Forum Member

Every day on LST 325 can be an exciting day, and this past Saturday was no exception. While the temperatures were very cold, and the wind chill was even colder, the ship was well represented and cared for by her dedicated volunteers. We had plenty of tour guides, plenty of Maintenance crew working diligently, as always, and plenty of "office ladies." Which was a good thing, because we also had quite a few guests who were willing to brave the cold in order to tour the ship. Among those were two gentlemen from Japan, who seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed their tour. I don't know who their tour guide was, but he must have done a terrific job. We also had a gentleman come on board who had been stationed on an LST in the South Pacific where, I understand, he had been part of the effort to liberate the Phillipines. These are just a few examples of the incredible people you get to meet by being a volunteer on LST 325. Thank you, Evansville, for making this possible -- my hat's off to all of you!! Saturday was a great day!

DAPHNE (just one of the "office ladies")

Respond to this message   
Responses

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.