Return to Index  

I think you can relax, Joey...

March 28 2009 at 9:47 AM
clownin' around  (Login Askerist)
Forum Member

Response to I think you can relax, Joey...

You mean there's no clowning around? That's okay; the banana peels were turning black and starting to smell funny anyway. Geezers, SeaBat, I guess you couldn't see that I had my red nose on when I said it. I was only funnin' - it was only a joke.

Thanks for the suggestions. My sea bag has been packed for over a week now. For the record, I may be a shellback with zero hours of service, but I have been on the 325 already, four times in three different ports. Each time, no matter where I stand, I do so with reverence. I feel the history, knowing that I stand where many stood so long ago, in service to our country.

I do not sense ghosts past, but I feel especially close to my father every time I am aboard the 325. With each visit I gain new insight and new understanding of what daily life was like for him. With work week fast approaching, I'm sure I'll get first hand knowledge of some of the unglamorous aspects of an LST. While the camaraderie won't be as intense, I will consider my servitude, amongst friends, a worthwhile and satisfying endeavor.

Because of the wonderful people I have met and laughed with already, and you know who you are, I couldn't feel more comfortable. I already feel like family. I'm thankful for your acceptance, your friendships, your imparted knowledge and the consideration you have shown me and my family. Thanks - Cya Soon!

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Joey... - SeaBat on Mar 28, 2009, 9:55 AM
  •  
  • Joey - WVaRay on Mar 28, 2009, 11:57 AM
  •  
  • Sure, relax... - Anonymous on Mar 28, 2009, 12:14 PM
  •  

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.