Return to Index  

Just sayin Thank you

June 6 2009 at 7:32 AM
  (Login DavidandChristinaMeeks)
Forum Member

My name is David Meeks,(for those that remember me I'm the young looking kid that wears his sunglasses on the back of his head). I am a pilot that recently got the very nice privilage of running the LST 325 when it made its Paducah voyage. I would just like to say thank you..to everyone involved with this very special ship.From the time I arrived to the time I departed the whole crew,from the captain to people that I wish I could remember their name was more than accomodating and nice. My grandfather brought these ships to my attention,but the men and women that brought her back from Greece made her a reality(and I said women that brought her back because anyone that has a wife that puts up with a man leaving in times of war and peace as I have done in the past is a woman to be thankful for and anyone that says different doest have to live with her). It was my honor to work with everyone and hopefully will get to do it again.To see such a large undertaking by this group and such devotion by the families and crew is at the least inspiring. Having worked on boats and ships most of my entire life..and that time being mute by the standards set by the crew of LST 325. "Considering some of the men I worked with has been retired as long as I have been working". I just wanted to say thanks to you all. I am proud to be able to say I am in the very least a small part of what I believe to be a great cause or should I say MISSION. "Thank you all and God Bless".

Respond to this message   
Responses

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.