Return to Index  

325's visit to Pittsburgh

September 23 2010 at 2:55 PM
Bill Newton  (Login wnewton)
Forum Member

Response to LST 325 in Pittsburgh

I just wanted to say that I was truly impressed with the ship. As I am an Air Force retiree (active & reserve) my exposure to Navy vessels was sporadic at best, so everything I saw was a sort of new experience. I visited on the first day the ship was open ;[went right on board]. My wife & I visited on Labor day. We got there about 1000 and waited for about 1 hour 45 minutes. I thought my wife would've said the wait was too long but in the end she was glad we did. I came down the next day to watch the departure & met Corbin Foukes (I think I got the name right). We had a nice talk. I sure hope that our public response in Pittsburgh was good enough to warrant another visit in the next several years. Good luck to all who sail on her, work on her & good luck to the ship itself.

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.