Return to Index  

LST 325 w/ Brodie System Report 6/8/2011

June 8 2011 at 11:25 AM
  (Login jascraven)
Forum Member

Response to UPDATE LST 325 and the Broadie System

Another Progress Report:

The model of the 325 is progressing well.

The following Major items remain to be completed on the 325 on my work desk: (6/xx = date projected)
Guns and guntubs 6/21/6/11
Mast 6/8 PM
Splinter shields 6/10
LCVP's and davits 6/20
Life lines 6/18
Anchors/Anchor Chain and Winches 6/10
Bow Doors (Fixed in a closed position) 6/10
Cargo hatch cover 6/9 PM
Vehicle elevator 6/9 PM
Finally .... painting 6/21
Rigging the Brodie System 6/23

The top of the masts for the Brodie system are at a heigth of 80 feet above the water. I will examine the photos and plans I have because I may need to trim some off of the top.

This model was built upon a base of a 2x4. I milled ti to the size I needed and then clad the core with Balsa wood. The weight of the 2x4 will help stablize it and may provide a way to securely mount the model to a base for display.

As you can see I have made progress. I will guess the finished ship will be ready in 2 to 3 weeks... I still am working on all the others I want to bring with me to Branson. Send me an email address so I can send a picture by the weekend.

I am off today to visit two strikers of mine who were aboard the TOPEKA (CLG 8) back in 67 - 68. First time we have been able to get together.

Have a great "Navy Day"

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.