Return to Index  

Volunteers

June 10 2012 at 11:38 AM
jvcountry  (Login jvcountry)
Forum Member

Response to Memorandum of Policy - Volunteer Hours

I ventured over to the "Volunteer Crew" page and don't see any hours posted beside anyone's name. I agree all of these volunteers have been a valuable part of the LST Memorial and should be acknowledged for it. However, it appears to me that separating these volunteers by the number of hours they have performed work for or on the ship creates an atmosphere that is not helpful for the volunteers or the Memorial itself. If you had a listing of those who have contributed money for the Memorial would you also separate them by the amount they gave? Think about that. Would that not discourage people from sending in small donations if they knew their donation would be compared to those who could afford to send a lot more? Volunteers for the most part give of their time as best they can with what they have, just as those who donate money. They certainly want and need to know they are appreciated, but having more hours at work doesn't matter when the other guy with less hours is on the other end of a heavy load you're trying to move.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Hours - Sabrina on Jul 4, 2012, 4:26 PM
  •  

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.