Return to Index  

Its looking good

May 9 2016 at 11:38 AM
John H.   (Login hattonj)
Forum Member

Response to General Patton & LST Tank Painting

Was down at the ship about a week ago to take care of some Engineering business. I was able to go check out this Sherman painting Sarge is working on. While it was not complete it was easy to see this thing is going to be BIG! Big as in a big hit with visitors as it really gives one a sense of the size of a Sherman sitting there. Oh, and its also BIG as it the size of a tank!

Sarge has done a lot of great work for the ship. His painting of the engine with Ad next to it, his 20mm replica guns for the forward gun tubes, his maps and more. Now this tank...next to Gen. Patton surely this will be his biggest hit yet.

A bit "Thank you!" to Sarge for his great work. Thousands of visitors get to share Sarge's work every year and from the looks I see on their faces while they are viewing them Sarge has done a good job. And, as Gen. Patton Sarge gets his picture taken more than anyone on the ship! Results speak for themselves, Sarge. You are clearly "The Man!". My personal thanks for all you do.

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.