Return to Index  

Re: behind the scenes

July 27 2016 at 11:27 AM
JLH  (Login hans471)

Response to behind the scenes

Bob makes some great points here. While the ship may seem to just be sitting there waiting for visitors there is so much more going out of sight. It takes a massive amount of work and talent to keep a ship in operation. We take on some jobs that are pretty daunting as Bob mentioned. Our volunteers are some pretty talented and motivated individuals who have consistently demonstrated their skills over the years. While we may not have all the special tools or equipment on hand we use ingenuity and drive to work through the problems. Our crew never lacks in motivation or inspiration.

Our crew loves the challenges and always seem to rise up to whatever situation presents itself. I know they take great pride in their work and ability to accomplish what seems nearly impossible at times. These guys have decades of experience to draw from. When I ask my guys what keeps them coming back and working so hard the most common response is that they love working with the group to accomplish our mission. We have a great team and if you are one of those people who like a challenge, who enjoy solving problems and who like to work with the best people around, come join us. We can promise you some great experiences and the chance to make some wonderful new friends. Oh, and don't forget, we also get to go cruising on this ship.

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.