Return to Index  

WW II 101 Year old Veteran

August 19 2016 at 11:51 AM
SARGE  (Login Goody611)
Forum Member

19 AUG 16 / 1030 hrs
Last weekend General Patton and I took part in the Spirit of WW II event at Bowman Field Louisville Kentucky. The event was to honor WW II veterans and had displays for the public to view concerning the history of WW II. We had well over 45 WW II veterans in attendance. Got to meet a WW II veteran who served with General Patton 4th Armor Division at the Battle of the Bulge. He was part the troops to relieve the surrounded 101st Airborne at Bastonge. He had his son, grand son and great grand son with him. He was 101 years old, he looked in better shape then many of us. This event was well attended by the public and bus loads of school kids, was able to tell them about LST-325. Was ask many times if I was the same General Patton seen on TV aboard the LST-325. I enjoy doing these type of mission, get to meet some great veterans and talk to young kids about history they don't get in school. You all take care. SARGE

Respond to this message   
Responses

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.