Return to Index  

Sorry I missed LST 325

October 20 2016 at 5:29 PM
Anonymous  (Login UK-Lass)

Response to WW II Veterans Honored

Sarge, Here in Columbus, Indiana for three weeks. Arrived here just as LST 325 left to go South. Just not able to get to Evansville this week before we fly out for home this Saturday.

Been watching with great interest and delight Her journey South and so sad not to be able to see her in the flesh !

My lovely Grandad was on LST 429 and LST 430 during WW2. Grandad sadly passed 20 years ago now and I only found out his Royal Naval records just a couple of years ago. My grandad would never talk about his time at war ( Jan 1940 to January 1946.

Would have loved to see and speak to all the hero's that visited LST 325 about their experiences and memories.

Thank you so much to these great men and women who gave us the life in which we all enjoy today.

Thank you to all, who have restored and saved LST 325 for future generations.

Hopefully, maybe I will be able to visit America again and hopefully Evansville too.

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.