Return to Index  

2016 Cruise Fox on LST 325

October 26 2016 at 8:55 PM
Rus  (Login RusDavies)

What an honor it was to be a crew member on the 2016 Cruise. I learned a lot and enjoyed every minute of the working cruise. I particularly liked talking with our guests both young and old. And as Sarge said, it was gratifying to have the school age kids come on board. The WWII Vets got extra attention from our crew members.

Our all volunteer crew of 50 men from 15 states with an average age of 69, (2 in 20's, 1 in 30's, none in 40 or 50's) got the job done. Living and working on a WWII ship that is just a few years older than I was a unique experience.

I just had time to review this piece done by Fox News, it is a good synopsis. Actually, I am the crew member seen at the lower right on the opening scene of the main deck.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/10/12/last-ship-veterans-work-to-keep-wwii-vessel-and-its-legacy-afloat.html

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.