Return to Index  

Re: LST # search

May 26 2017 at 1:16 AM

SeaBat  (Login SeaBat)
Forum Member

Response to LST # search

https://www.archives.gov/veterans is a link to receive your father in laws records. It is an easy form to fill complete. You'll need his full name, date of birth, his place of birth, his service number... any information you have. If you don't have the things I mentioned, fill out as much as you can. When requesting his records, please ask for his military and health information.

Do you remember anything about his service time? One ship or a few? Where he served (other than the Pacific), what he did? Those things would be very helpful too.

Did he belong to a VFW or American Legion? They could still have records that give you a Ship Number or Name.

Please let us know how it goes! I would love to help, but in asking for his military records this first step is up to you as I am not a relative.

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.