Return to Index  

To Bill's Family

August 18 2017 at 2:03 AM

Chris  (Login Cornfield1)
Forum Member

Response to Clayton 'Bill' Nickerson of the Gold Crew

I do not know Bill personally but I've heard a lot about him. Bill had an adventure in life like very few people have had. I say to his wife, children, grandchildren, and everyone associated with Bill, Wow, what a ride! The ship is now in Evansville and we have some big shoes to fill. We are blessed with a lot of people volunteering their time and resources to keep the grey lady going. I need to qualify and restate the previous sentence.

We are not just going forward. Yes, this ship looks pretty, and it does, I challenge anyone to show me a WWII ship that looks this good without federal or state funds for the most part. Then we can talk about a good looking ship that actually runs....whoa! What the deck crew and the engineering crew continue to do is extraordinary. I am on the ship every weekend while in port as a tour guide and my secondary position is on the Board of Directors.

I feel privileged to hang with these kind of people and this unique piece of history. So, with that I'll say fair winds, Bill, and I hope we're making you proud.

Chris

Respond to this message   

Opinions expressed in this forum are those of their respective authors, who are solely responsible for their own comments.

Postings are timestamped in Zulu time (Greenwich Mean Time).

All contents of this website are Copyright (c) 2001-2008 The USS LST Ship Memorial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.