bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

I, too, recall Joe talking about this incident

November 17 2012 at 2:06 AM
Bruce  (no login)

Response to Re: Ah!

Nick, you must be remembering the same interview with Joe Lewis that I'm thinking of (one of the interviews he did with Jerry Beasley)in which Joe said only later (some time after his wife made the accusation) did he realize that his wife had a habit of trying to come between Joe & his friends, trying to create rifts between them, so she could have Joe all to herself, I guess.

Speaking of Joe Lewis, did anyone here read the obituary Black Belt magazine ran on him? Even immediately after Joe's death when you'd think all his old friends would have nothing but positive things to say about him, the article noted that Joe had been a hard guy to get along with, difficult to maintain a friendship with, due to Joe's ego & insecurities. But I suppose some would say the same kind of thing about Bruce Lee, regardless they were both certainly pioneers in American martial arts history, very influential in their own ways.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: I, too, recall Joe talking about this incident - Nick Clarke on Nov 17, 2012, 11:37 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg