bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Response to Dragon about Bruce Lee's death - Q & A

January 31 2013 at 9:57 PM
hutchy1111  (Login hutchy1111)

Response to Re: Dragon's thoughts on how Bruce Lee really died

Dragon 1) Courted by Triads heavily. This is not something people in the industry would speak publicly about.

Hutchy (a) This does make sense to me since we have evidence of Bruce saying there were people giving him blank cheques which he refused.

Dragon 2) Raymond Chow obviously had a different set of accountings Lee was unaware of that made them be at odds.

Hutchy (a) Yes I have read this and it may (obviously) explain Bruce’s dislike towards Chow due to the contrast directly related to the amazing success and money generated through The Way of the Dragon. This film was Bruce’s first direction and production and he worked seriously hard to bring it all together and to think it was considered a loss infuriated Bruce and forever created a distrust and hatred towards Chow.

Dragon 3) Betty Ting was introduced to Bruce after the success of FOF. Planted into his life as a mole/seductress to keep tabs on Lee and get him hooked on drugs. If they kept him under that type of situation he'd be easier to manage with the scandal press hawking his every move, and another reason why chow would leave certain annonymous press releases that would tick Lee off.

Hutchy (a) I genuinely have no knowledge of BTP. I from what I can gather Bruce was involved with her to some degree and I have like you heard she was so called ‘planted’. The idea Bruce was hooked on drugs does not surprise me. It is what drugs he was hooked on. The usual cannabis or hash or brownies as they say doesn’t bother me but other drugs at that time do interest me – can you get that info? I would like to know. Is it brownies? lol What drugs are you taking about?

Dragon 4) The original deal-agreement for two pictures, was a huge problem for Chow. Most entertainers were under long slave-like deals where they absolutely did NOT share in the profits. (See Angela Mao Ying) When Lee refused a new deal, and rebuked a 3rd film, YELLOW FACED TIGER, with Lo wei, Chow had to figure a way to secure this cash cow.
Hutchy (a) Can’t disagree with that

5) To complete Lee's last film, GOD, why would Chow allow a storyline : rising Kung fu movie star pursued by the Underworld, in a GAME OF DEATH over his career-so close to circumstances in Lee's real life, be told for Lee's last project? Unless he was rubbing Lee's nose in his own shit-like a dog!

Chow is a real bastard.
Hutchy (a) Yes THE UNDERWORLD TONE. But I have often thought about this – so? With The Game of Death produced by Chow which could have at the end of the day indirectly involved the underworld? Are the Triads laughing in the face of the Little Dragon?

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Response to Dragon about Bruce Lee's death - Q & A - Nick Clarke on Jan 31, 2013, 10:34 PM
  •  
  • Re: Response to Dragon about Bruce Lee's death - Q & A - Dragonb on Feb 1, 2013, 3:52 PM
  •  
  • Response to Dragon about Bruce Lee's death - Q & A - dragonb on Apr 25, 2015, 10:19 PM
  •  
  • Re: Response to Dragon about Bruce Lee's death - Q & A - Mr Braithwaite on Sep 2, 2015, 3:34 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg