bruceleelivesbanner.jpg
 

 Return to Index  

Bruce Lee's news article on Jan 17th, 1972

January 23 2015 at 5:20 AM
LJF  (Login LJF)

 
Below is the link to an old newspaper (HK New Stars Daily) article on Bruce Lee dated Jan 17th, 1972.

http://www.robertchua.com/robertchua.com/PROFESSIONAL/pressarchive/1970-1979/image/1972-1-17a.jpg

Some highlights on the article:

1. Bruce Lee departed HK on Jan 16th, 1972 and was expected to return to HK within 2 weeks. As Bruce smiled and told the reporters and friends sending him off, "I'll be back soon..."

2. At the Kai Tek Airport, Bruce was being interviewed by the TVB for a special Chinese Lunar New Year TV program.

3. As seen from the photographs, besides Bruce Lee, director - Lo Wei, Golden Harvest director - Leonard Ho, were all being interviewed by TVB. This pre-recorded show was produced by Robert Chua and was expected to show on TV most probably around the Lunar New Year of 1972. (My HK buddy said he did see BL appeared in this show in mid Feb 1972)

4. In the interview, Leonard Ho said,"I agreed with Bruce Lee's production policy, i.e. No.1 Conscienciousness, No.2 Audience's expectation,...... (True enough, Bruce always considered these as top priorities in filming)

5. After recording of the show, Robert Chua sincerely asked Bruce when he was available to shoot a TVB's program entitled "Bruce Lee's TV Special". Bruce replied,"If this TV special has a theme and the theme is meaningful, then I'd seriously take into consideration." (Unfortunately, Bruce has no time for shooting this TV special after his greater success of FOF later on. He, in fact asked Henry Wong to shoot his personal documentary while filming The Game of Death and Enter The Dragon. This footage is believe to have lock away in the vault of the company who purchased the copyrights of BL films from GV).

The above Bruce Lee's TVB interview would be great to watch as Bruce, in his smart attaire and newly grown beard was just enjoying his rising superstardom in HK after the success of The Big Boss and the shooting of Fist of Fury has just finished.

In fact, between late 90s and the early 2000s, the owner of all Bruce Lee TVB's footage had once been asking tons of money to license it to Brian White who once worked for HKL, then Dragon Dynasty but Brian and the company then, did not have it in the budget to pay for the use of this footage. Thus, the idea has been discarded since then.

Now, only the BL Estate has the money, status and negotiation power to discuss with the owner of this footage to release it to the world. If the Estate is truly interested in promoting Bruce Lee, then, this is an opportunity because BL fans are more interested in seeing the unseen BL footage rather than buying duplicates of BL's watches and sunglasses etc.

Just like to quote Bruce's saying as mentioned above, it's "No.1 Conscienciousness, No.2 Audience's expectation,......"


 
 Respond to this message   
Responses

  • i agree 100% - eric derek on Jan 25, 2015, 1:53 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg