bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Drinking

February 12 2015 at 1:00 PM
Lady Whirlwind  (Login Jeet30)

Response to Did Bruce Lee ever Drink or smoke?

He didn't smoke, but during the last few months of his life, it's reported he turned to drinking Japanese Sake. There are rumours he was suffering from anxiety, so maybe Bruce was looking for a way to relax, apart from the Cannibis of course (it wasn't hash, Wu just made a mistake I think) I can't remember if Bleecker mentioned the anxiety, but he did have access to information on Bruce's medical records. It pretty much a given now that Bruce wasn't responding too well to the fame thrust upon him. Bruce was rather sensitive deep down, and preferred the simple life, but he wanted fame, so it was a catch 22 for him. Personally, Bruce should have gotten out of HK sooner and took some time off. But he was so close to super-stardom, so he couldn't quit.

On a side note, it's always occured to me that Bruce's face ages/changes a lot from '72 to '73, around the time he started with the Cannibis (and whatever it was laced with!) Just take a look at the pictures of his press conferences and/or any other pictures over the last year of his life and compare. He looked younger and more fresh faced in early '72 IMO.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• deleted - leefan on Feb 12, 2015, 2:07 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg