bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Fist of Fury actor, Tien Feng dies.

October 24 2015 at 7:52 AM
LJF  (Login LJF)

“Netease Entertainment October 23 reports: According to Taiwan media reports, veteran actor Tian Feng, died a few days ago in Hong Kong, at age 87. Last year, Tien Feng was awarded the Golden Horse "Lifetime Achievement Award" for his contribution to the HK and Taiwan film industry.

Tien Feng had appeared with Bruce Lee in Fist of Fury (1972) as his Kung Fu’s siheng (senior) and with Bruce Li in Fist of Fury 2 (1976), and then with Jackie Chan in The Young Master (1980) and Dragon Lord (1982). Unlike other Taiwanese actors/actresses Li Kun, James Tien, Gam Dai and Maria Yi who had returned to Taiwan for retirement, Tien Feng had stayed and lived in HK until the last day of his life.

Tien Feng’s profile
==============
Tien Feng was originally named Tian Yu-Kun. He joined the movie industry in 1960. Over his 40-year career he appeared in 160 movies. Most of these were martial arts movies, and the more well-known ones include "The Assassin", "The Silver Fox", "The Winged Tiger" and "Vengeance of a Snow Girl", etc. In the beginning of the 70s, Tien Feng took up the director's role. The movies he directed include "The Golden Seal". Between 70s and 80s, he involved in many acclaimed movies, including "Fist of Fury", "The Invasion", "The Young Master" and "Legend of the Mountain". In the 90s Tien gradually reduced his screen appearance and eventually retired at the age of 80 in 2008. - (HKMDB)

Tien Feng talked about Bruce Lee
=========================
Excerpts from his Chinese interviews from “Century Hero” (1999) and “Taiwan History” (2014) docus:

“Lo Wei introduced me to Golden Harvest. As I wanted to earn more money, thus, I left Shaw Bros and then joined GH in the early 70s. Lo Wei then asked me to play in “Fist of Fury” which was directed by him...”

“I played the eldest disciple of Master Fok Yuen Gap of the Shanghai Ching Wu school in Fist of Fury and was Bruce Lee’s Kung Fu senior in this film. It was the first time I played along Bruce Lee...”

“Bruce Lee was a very professional actor. He raised many opinions about the storyline and characters during the making of this movie. In one way or another, he had contributed tremendously in making this movie into a classic which broke the HK box office record...”

“Bruce Lee was very concerned about his acting and used to exchange opinions with the veteran actors like me and some others. He wanted to improve and look good in his acting not just fighting. In the aspect of acting, he was humble. I mean he was real good in his Kung Fu but he wanted his acting to be as good. He respected me a lot and I feel he was an actor with in-depth character...”

“Although Bruce Lee was invincible in his movies...but I’m the only guy that had ‘defeated’ the superhero (joking) . Haha...remember the opening scene of Fist of Fury where his character went bizarre at his master’s funeral? I just knocked him off with a spade...haha...”

News article about his death: http://en.sunningview.com/article/56881

Tian Feng’s photos: http://postimg.org/image/vzo22zj8p/

Mr. Tien Feng, R.I.P.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Tien Feng - jkdragon on Oct 24, 2015, 1:00 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg