bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Bruce Joe Lewis, et al

November 7 2015 at 8:00 AM
Forevermoreless  (no login)

Response to Re: Re:Joe Lewis Mike Stone DID spar Bruce Lee

Dan Inosanto is one of the most revered guys in martial arts, a real gentleman. He has said in print interviews: "Without naming names, I can say that Bruce sparred with the top names in tournaments, and they were not match for him. While I didn't see him spar with Joe Lewis, others (credible witnesses) have told me, "It was like Ali (that would be Bruce) against a Golden Gloves boxer (that would be Joe, strictly no contest" A Los Angeles sports writer visited when Bruce was training with Mike Stone, Chuck Norris.... possibly also Joe Lewis. You can hear this in some of BL documentaries where he reads from the newspaper account: "This guy Bruce Lee handles these guys like playthings. It's really scary." (paraphrasing).
Btw, Joe Lewis was featured in Ring magazine, that he was going to be the heavyweight boxing champ. He 'liked to fight because he liked blood.' So just using boxing skills, JL would be no match for BL. James DeMIle has said, "Bruce had two modes. One was for play, when he didn't respect a guy's ability. The second was serious, and he would shut the guy down immediately."

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Bruce Joe Lewis, et al - Chris Richards on Nov 7, 2015, 9:43 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg