bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Interview Michael Chan Wai-Man

November 8 2015 at 11:22 AM
ForeverOK  (no login)

Response to Interview of Michael Chan Wai-Man on Bruce Lee

I agree with his comment on the triads. At the very least, I would say that the great, great majority of triads respected BL. One example is a story when an extra on ETD disrespected Bruce. We don't know who that was, but it was one of the guys who challenged him. As far as I know, there were at least three guys who challenged him ... maybe there were more. Well, this guy was nicknamed 'proudie' and Bruce kicked him in the leg, and he went down. The following days he never returned to the set. Rumors were that the triads had done away with him. This could be apocryphal, but I think the underlying theme of the traids' respect for BL is authentic. Remember, gang members the world over like action movies. Note that the Godfather (Don Corleone!) movies are much-loved by real mafia guys. It gives them a romantic aura. They probably even like the Sopranos. For Bruce to be from Hong Kong, a genuine tough guy, reflected on the gang guys. They had ample witnesses from triad guys on the set on 1/ how good BL really was 2/ that he treated the crew members with respect. He even ate with the 'lowly crew.'

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Interview Michael Chan Wai-Man - Fortuna on Nov 8, 2015, 2:47 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg