bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

James Lee told Allen Joe Bruce won WJM !

December 29 2015 at 10:41 AM
jkdragon  (Login jkdragon)

I just read Allen Joe's new book, "The Last of the Four Musketeers: Allen Joe's Life and Friendship With Bruce Lee".

Below is the excerpt from his book where James Lee told Allen Joe about the fight:

"According to James, the fight lasted 3 minutes. Bruce got tired of chasing Wong Jack Man from one room to another, and at the end Bruce pinned him down to the floor and asked him to give up.
The traditional Kung Fu people in the area then left him alone."

"That evening, I was about to close my business when I got a phone call. 'It’s all over; he won!' James said. I was relieved because we’d known that the fight was inevitable. The next day, the Chinese newspapers were saying that it was a draw, but we did not pay too much attention to it."

"Bruce was upset with himself after the fight. He realized that by using his traditional gung fu, it had taken him longer than he intended to defeat Wong. At that point, he had decided to get out of his 'classical mess' and reevaluate his approach. This was the beginning of what we now know as his personal evolution. Bruce Lee had developed his own version of martial arts, popularly known to the world as Jeet Kune Do or JKD.”

James Lee, a honorable martial arts practitioner in Seattle and being one of the eye-witnesses, told his children - Greglon Lee, Karena Lee, Leo Fong and Allen Joe etc. that Bruce won the fight. So, he can't be lying.

I trust James Lee and Allen Joe. My highest respect to the last Musketeer alive.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Oakland not Seattle. nt. - jkdragon on Dec 29, 2015, 10:59 AM
  •  
  • Re: James Lee told Allen Joe Bruce won WJM ! - Samuel on Dec 29, 2015, 11:36 AM
  •  
  • Great info, thanks Jkdragon!!! NT - Brendon on Dec 29, 2015, 12:07 PM
  •  
  • Re: James Lee told Allen Joe Bruce won WJM ! - Jon on Dec 29, 2015, 4:15 PM
  •  
  • So it must be true? - JKD54 on Dec 29, 2015, 6:17 PM
  •  
  • Bruce Lee's letter to James Lee (7th Aug '65) - yellowtiger on Dec 30, 2015, 8:14 AM
  •  
  • Jesse Glover on Bruce & WJM fight - Suraj on Dec 30, 2015, 11:11 AM
  •  
  • Just Read the Book "Showdown in Oakland" - Steve Palmer on Jan 1, 2016, 12:16 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg