bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Bruce Lee's letter to James Lee (7th Aug '65)

December 30 2015 at 8:14 AM
yellowtiger  (no login)

Response to James Lee told Allen Joe Bruce won WJM !

"As for the "runner's" gung fu school, it's just another waste of time with a little bit more to offer -- calisthenics! The more I think of him to have fought without getting blasted bad, the more I'm pissed off! If I just took my time, [but] anger screwed me up -- that bum is nothing!" -- Bruce

From the above letter, Bruce didn't admit he lost to WJM.
Instead, the claim of WJM as a "runner" is tallied with James Lee and Linda Lee's accounts. Also, Bruce indeed blasted WJM, though not blasted badly but he did hit WJM (and not the other way round). Bruce regretted that if he had control his temper, he could have beaten WJM more easily. His claim of WJM is 'nothing' simply implies WJM has nothing special that could impress Bruce because WJM just stayed defensively and run. So, very obvious, Bruce, the offensive side, was the victor, though not a quick victory as he expected.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Lee's account in Black Belt - whitehorse on Dec 30, 2015, 12:56 PM
  •  
  • Re: Bruce Lee's letter to James Lee (7th Aug '65) - JKD54 on Dec 30, 2015, 10:35 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg