Re: Protecting ReputationsJanuary 1 2016 at 9:16 PM
|Bestsham (Login Bestsham)|
Response to Re: Protecting Reputations
"But Bruce completely changed his approach to fighting afterwards, whereas WJM didn't. That's also telling."
What is so telling about it? It is about one's mindset. Bruce Lee always wanted to improve. He thought he could do much better. It is like some students are happy with B's and C's, and some always want to get A's.
I think what made Bruce Lee so special as a martial artist was his mind. This story comes to my mind. Dan Inosanto showed Bruce Lee some Kali stick fighting but Lee wasn't interested at that time. Years later when he visited Lee in Hong Kong, Lee demonstrated his way of stick fighting to Inostanto. Inostanto was flabbergasted, and yelled out "xx" *(I forgot the style name that Inosanto yelled out). Lee said "I don't know what you call it. That is how I would fight it". Lee wanted to show sticking fight in his movies, so he researched it and came up with a way to use it effectively. His discovery resembled a style that Inosanto knew. Lee was one of the great researchers and innovators. That is why Lee was Lee and WJM was WJM.
Re: Protecting Reputations - JKD54 on Jan 2, 2016, 1:26 AM
- Re: Protecting Reputations - Bestsham on Jan 2, 2016, 3:35 AM
- Re: Protecting Reputations - JKD54 on Jan 3, 2016, 12:29 AM
- Wong Jack Man's occupation - Chris Richards on Jan 3, 2016, 6:37 AM
- Style changing/ improving - Milo on Jan 3, 2016, 11:44 AM
- Re: Style changing/ improving - JKD54 on Jan 3, 2016, 8:25 PM