bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Re: @ dragonio (about Chuck etc.)

January 19 2016 at 11:50 AM
dragonio  (Login dragonio)

Response to @ dragonio (about Chuck etc.)

agree with ome of the points mentionned however:

BJJ:
That was decades after, after he got choked by the gracies in Brazil,
that he started the art.
(to his credit, many other traditional martial artists did not start bjj even after watching its tremendous superiority in the first UFC's, which shows that he is quite open minded)

Point Karate:
coming myself from a karate background, i always saw point karate tournaments as gimmicks and not really close to true martial arts.
Good or reflexes, speed and timing though.

Actor:
I think Chuck acting was very basic, in fact ALL his movie career is due to one and one single thing only:
the stardom from acting with Bruce.
Jim kelly also told once that if it was not for Bruce, and Chuck's image (blond-white hero)
he would not even be accepted as a stunt in hollywood.
In contrast Van damme ha much more charisma and deserves the stardom more than Chuck in that sense.
And i never seen Chuck credit Bruce once for putting him in the spotlight.

"Professional Fighter":
that's in his own words, he said in an interview that he was a professional fighter (understand: aka a real fighter), then the TV anchor said "and bruce was not ?", then Chuck kinds of nods with the head and move on to another topic.
You can clearly feel in his interviews about Bruce that he downplays Lee's "REAL" abilities, describing him as an actor more than anything else, and hinting that he was the real deal in contrast to Bruce.
The pressure from Bruce's shadow is so overwhelming, that Chuck almost has to justify why he lost in the MOVIE without realizing it ! LOL

With that said, here's what i like AbouT Chuck:

1-Healthy lifestyle:
keeps practicing his whole life, keeps fit at an advanced age,
good "role model" for me from that point of view
as Bruce clearly was not that "healthy" so to speak.

2-Open minded:
started mixing Tae Kwon Do with traditional karate, and then started BJJ.
(but not nearly as advanced as Bruce lee which was an MMA pioneer)

3-Pioneer:
traditional martial artist pioneer, from that legendary era where martial arts were introduced to the mainstream.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
nickclarkewdbanner.jpg