bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Nora Miao on Bruce Lee (1972)

January 20 2016 at 10:13 AM
LJF  (Login LJF)

Nora Miao: “HE MAKES YOU FEEL AT EASE” – by Pang Cheng-Lian (17th Aug 1972 - New Nation)
============================================================================================

Nora Miao who looks much younger than her 21 years, has appeared in all three films which star Bruce Lee, the heart-throb of thousands of girls in Asia.

Nora Miao appeared as guest star in The Big Boss – remember the ice-water seller? – and the leading lady in Fist of Fury and the unreleased Enter the Dragon (note: later retitled WOTD).

While others can only write to the superstar to express their desire “to touch and feel the art of your deadly right hand,”as one Filipino girl did, pretty Nora Miao acts out tender love scenes with him as part of her job.

But Nora Miao, whose real name is Chan Win-Han, takes these scenes in her stride.
“I do as the director asks,” she said, when asked to comment on her kissing scene with Bruce Lee in the film, Fist of Fury. “But I stop at Kissing. Anything more than that, I’ll refuse.”

Nora Miao, who was an assistant secretary before she joined Golden Harvest two years ago, has starred in seven films, three of which were with Bruce Lee. At a meeting in Hong Kong, she described how she feels about working with the superstar.

“He is very good on the set,” she said, in beautiful English. “He has the ability to put you at ease and make you feel the character you are playing in the film.

“He is also very considerate. When we were in Rome, he took good care of me. Altogether he is a nice guy. Sometimes, you feel that he is just a little proud, but I guess he has something to be proud of.”

It turned out that Bruce Lee was not a stranger to Nora Miao. Their two families have actually been friends for a long time.

“It is a rather complicated sort of relationship,” Nora Miao said with a beautiful smile. “But Bruce Lee’s sister-in-law is the daughter of my father’s classmate, who was very close to my family.”

“And Bruce Lee’s brother used to be my boyfriend. He is now studying in the U.S. Naturally, I used to hear a lot about Bruce Lee, so, he wasn’t really a complete stranger when we began working together.”

Nora Miao has started work on a new film in Taipei (note: The story of Daisy) after her latest film with Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon (note: later retitled WOTD). Bruce Lee is not in the new film, but she says that she would like to work with him again.

Article: http://postimg.org/image/3qxm4zkrl/

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Nora Miao on Bruce Lee (1973) - LJF on Jan 20, 2016, 10:29 AM
  •  
  • Re: Nora Miao on Bruce Lee (1972) - shaolinguy on Jan 20, 2016, 2:09 PM
  •  
  • Re: Nora Miao on Bruce Lee (1972) - Fred on Jan 20, 2016, 6:31 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg