bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Bruce Lee’s HK hairstylist – Susan Ng

May 13 2016 at 7:50 AM
LJF  (Login LJF)

Response to The Audition On 1st May 1972

Susan Ng, originally name, Sue (Nee) Hamilton, is a British woman who worked as Bruce Lee’s hairstylist in the early 1970s. She married famous HK comedian, Richard Ng and has four children, Alex, Zoe, Louise and Carl. Susan worked for Vidal Sassoon in 1967 and was trained by Sassoon himself. She worked there for 3 years and was Sassoon’s personal assistant before arriving in Hong Kong. Many of her clients commented that her cut was inimitable. She was recommended to Bruce Lee by some HK celebrities. Besides Bruce Lee, Lydia Shum was another of her long-term celebrity client.

Except for WOTD’s haircut which was done by Betty Ting’s hairsylist, Anthony Walker, Bruce hair was mainly done by Susan Ng of “Hair By Susan”. When asked about Bruce’s hairstyle, Susan said although it was originally based on a Beatle cut but she maintained the Kung-Fu star’s famous mop top almost to the end of his life. However, she missed the last few months because she was in Europe, and the hairstyle Bruce sported in his last few months has been noted by Bruce-ophiles as “more bouffy” than his usual 'do.

So what did Bruce ask for? “He was obsessed with continuity on film sets. ‘Continuity, please remember continuity,’ he would say. Occasionally, I see one of his famous movie posters, and realize I did his hair, and I feel quite proud,” Susan says.

Photos of Susan Ng: http://postimg.org/image/ygrmqhu81/

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Bruce Lee’s HK hairstylist – Susan Ng - Samson on May 13, 2016, 11:16 AM
  •  
  • Bruce Lee's G.O.D. hairstyle - Robert on May 15, 2016, 3:41 AM
  •  
  • Re: Bruce Lee’s HK hairstylist – Susan Ng - Chris Richards on May 16, 2016, 5:23 AM
  •  
  • susan ng - zoe ng on Aug 17, 2016, 1:16 PM
  •  
  • wrong name used - zoe ng on Aug 17, 2016, 1:18 PM
  •  
  • Bruce lee hairdresser - Susan Ng on Aug 17, 2016, 4:01 PM
  •  
  • Varying Hair Lengths - Chris Richards on Jan 5, 2018, 7:40 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg