bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Thank you for sharing your insights LJF ...

December 29 2016 at 1:03 AM
Chuan Jun Fan  (no login)

Response to Re: Bruce Lee's older siblings in the USA

Thank you for sharing your insights LJF ... I look forward to reading your translations on the articles on Agnes and Phoebe.

It is quite helpful that you list your reference sources.
The one source you mention that I am cautious about is from the Sid Campbell and Greglon Lee book series Dragon and Tiger the Oakland years.

I recollect promotional samples being sent out to (martial art) publishers around the mid 1980s. Black Belt magazine (USA) basically took the section relevant to Bruce and published it in multiple parts in the magazine ... "Bruce Lee The Oakland Years".

In the early 1990s Dragon the Bruce Lee Story got released with a big publicity push from Hollywood. This would have been very encouraging for any parties that had a Bruce Lee sequel to sell. Sid Campbell was a script writer.

Initially, I was hoping that the book would be a compilation of historical facts sourced from correspondence, diary entries, eye-witness recollections etc. from James Lee's family, friends and students.

It appears to me though, that authentic, original ingredients have been speculated on, embroidered and then over the years had reliable information (Jesse Glover's book) and questionable information (The 1959 New York trip to Gin Foon Mark story from Karate International) from other sources added to it. The result is, unfortunately an unreliable and questionable reference source.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• About "Dragon & Tiger" Book - LJF on Jan 7, 2017, 8:49 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg