bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Re: Additional Info on the Kung Fu book & Lee’s ETD character

January 7 2017 at 6:29 PM
sdog2006  (Login sdog2006)

Response to Additional Info on the Kung Fu book & Lee’s ETD character

Amazing stuff. I learned a lot from that post.

I didn't know the translations on the book or the matchup with the character name for Tower of Death. Very smart from Ng See Yuen.

Always surprised me that Enter the Dragon didn't do well in the Orient. Americanized or not, it's Bruce Lee and the fight scenes are amazing. He had also passed away which would make you think that more people would want to see him, not less? I wonder if there was less distribution for that movie. Something is way off!

Also, this three DVD stuff with edited GOD material and varying versions of ETD? I'll believe it when I see it.

Incidentally, I tried to match Lee's dialogue in his conversation with Betty Chung in Tower of Death with the ETD script but I couldn't. There's a line in the script where he says, "Roper and Williams will join us." Lee definitely says "Roper and Williams" but the rest doesn't match. It would great if someone could work out what he's saying there.

I wish that scene had stayed in because Mae Ling informs Lee that Williams has disappeared and that Roper is a traitor based on her seeing him with Han in the museum. This explains why Lee looks so pissed at Roper on the tournament field prior to the Bolo fight. If only we could get it all reinstated.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Hard to tell what Bruce said - jkdragon on Jan 9, 2017, 10:26 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg