More on Silat - something LJF can research...February 16 2017 at 1:05 PM
|TopCrusader (no login)|
Response to Silat
There is a true connection between Silat and Bruce Lee and his art. I have never heard of Bruce fighting any Silat guys though. If you think about it, Silat was a very rare art only just coming to light in the early 1970s.
Bruce Lee definitely researched Silat for his own personal martial art. It was Bruce Lee who introduced this art to Dan Inosanto (via books). Bruce specifically told Dan to keep researching these arts.
Also, at some point he worked out or had some training sessions with a Silat master named Willem Reeders. I have been told by someone that I trust that there is a photo of Bruce Lee and Willem Reeders together - and that it has been printed but possibly not in an English language book on Bruce Lee. I have been trying to find this picture for years but so far have not been able to.
Bruce Lee & Silat: Truth v.s. Myth - LJF on Mar 3, 2017, 9:22 AM
- Re: Bruce Lee & Silat: Truth v.s. Myth - JKD Streetfighter on Mar 4, 2017, 12:56 AM
- Re: Bruce Lee & Silat: Truth v.s. Myth - JACKY on Mar 4, 2017, 3:55 AM
- Another WJM but from the Silat World. LOL - Shaolinguy on Mar 4, 2017, 3:53 PM
- Re: Another WJM but from the Silat World. LOL - Steven C. on Mar 4, 2017, 5:01 PM
- Re: Bruce Lee & Silat: Truth v.s. Myth - jkdragon on Mar 10, 2017, 9:56 AM