bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Further evidences to Bruce's idea on "The Warrior"

April 2 2017 at 4:59 PM
LJF  (Login LJF)

Response to Re: The Warrior is Kung Fu

In addition to Shannon's discovery of a large collection of handwritten notes that Bruce wrote himself on the concept for "The Warrior" (retitled "Kung Fu") series, the following are evidences that proved Bruce created the idea for "The Warrior":

1) Letter to Jhoon Rhee in early (circa Mar-May) 1971, Bruce wrote, “So, I have created a TV series idea and I should know within a couple of weeks.[5] In the meantime, I am working on another idea for a movie to do in HK (Chinese movie). So action! Action!” (source: Letters of the Dragon, pg 144-145)

Note: [5] – Bruce Lee’s idea, which he entitled “The Warrior,” eventually became the “Kung Fu” TV series. (source: Letters of the Dragon, pg 172)

2) Letter to Larry Hartsell on June 6th, 1971, Bruce wrote, “Am in the process of creating a new TV series based on martial art (i.e. "The Warrior"), hope it will turn out – will let you know.”
(source: Letters of the Dragon, pg 146)

3) In Issue 248 (Oct-Nov’71) of “Four Seas Weekly,” Bruce told the reporter that he created the idea of“The Warrior”, and said the following,“It’s a very creative, special and legendary story. The leading role in the story killed the Emperor’s uncle of the Ching dynasty, he escaped to the West and led a vagrant life. He rode a donkey and you could see a dragon and a tiger tattoos each on his left and right arms. The image of the lead character is very special.”

4) Letter to Ted Ashley on December 16th, 1971, Bruce wrote, “I am sorry to hear about the outcome of “The Warrior.” Well, you cannot win them all, but damn it, I am going to win one of these days.” (source: Letters of the Dragon, pg 162)

Whether Warner Bro used Bruce's idea or was inspired to created their own script is another matter. Importantly, the TRUTH is Bruce did create the concept for "The Warrior" with lots of handwritten notes being found in his vault but it was never materialized. Lucky for him otherwise he wouldn't become the mega Kung Fu legend we come to know today.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Further evidences to Bruce's idea on "The Warrior" - JKD54 on Apr 4, 2017, 12:44 AM
  •  
  • Re: Further evidences to Bruce's idea on "The Warrior" - JKD54 on Apr 4, 2017, 12:46 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg