bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Tom Kuhn suggested the working title of 'The Warrior'

April 10 2017 at 4:05 AM
JACKY  (Login drunkenfist)

Response to Re: IMDB: "Kung Fu" Also Known As (AKA) "The Warrior" USA (working title)

Under the chapter "The Warrior" in the book, "Bruce Lee Fighting Spirit" [pg 113]) written by well-known Bruce Lee's books author, Bruce Thomas:

Along with his partner Tom Kuhn, Fred Weintraub runs an independent production company in Century City, LA. In 1968, Weintraub was head of Warner Brother’s film division and Kuhn was in charge of television.

‘At that time,’ says Weintraub, ‘I used to spend time looking at Chinese movies. They were four hours long and boring as shit, but in the last thirty minutes a guy in white would come in and defeat all the bad guys. Because of hat interest, friends introduced me to Bruce Lee ad we also became friends. I hired two young writers [Ed Spielman and Howard Friedlander] and tried to put a feature together for Bruce, but I could never get anything off the ground.’

Fred Weintraub says,“Bruce himself had already spent some time working on an idea concerning the adventures of a Shaolin warrior-priest who used KUNG FU skills against the outlaws of the old West. Eventually his idea found its way to TOM KUHN, who suggested a TV movie for a possible series with the working title of ‘THE WARRIOR.’

This documented the FACT that Fred Weintraub's partner Tom Kuhn (head of Warner Bro’s tv division) suggested the working title 'The Warrior' not Bruce. Thanks to Tom Kuhn! That's clarify everything!

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Tom Kuhn suggested the working title of 'The Warrior' - Shaolinguy on Apr 10, 2017, 4:42 AM
  •  
  • Re: Tom Kuhn suggested the working title of 'The Warrior' - JKD54 on Apr 10, 2017, 7:07 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg