bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Re: Wu Chia Hsiang director of the brothel scene?

April 30 2017 at 8:13 AM
LJF  (Login LJF)

Response to To LJF : Wu Chia Hsiang director of the brothel scene ?

Hi Lazemby,

Thanks for posting the rare shot of BB.
However, the person next to Bruce wasn’t Wu Chia-Hsiang. I have posted the photos of Wu and the man you mentioned and you could see the different facial features between the two.

Photos of Wu Chia Hsiang and the unknown Thai Man in the brothel scene: https://s30.postimg.org/t5oxx5hu9/Wu_thai.jpg

Wu Chia-Hsiang definitely had left the TBB crew team after Lo Wei replaced him as the director. HK old newspapers carried reports that he left Thailand after the replacement. Also, there were photos behind the scenes (where Lo Wei was present) and Maria Yi’s Birthday Day celebration on 29th Jul 1971 where all the crew members took photos. Wu was no where to be found.

If the shooting of the TBB began on 23rd Jul as according to what the newspaper reported, i.e. the same day Bruce arrived in Thailand. Then after 5 days of filming, Wu was replaced. That would make it 28th Jul. So this should be the date Wu left the TBB crew. That’s why on 29th he was absent in Maria Yi’s BD celebration feast.

As for the man in the brothel scene, he looked like a Thai not Chinese. Not sure he was a Thai crew worker or a pimp/the brothel’s boss since this was a actual brothel Lo Wei rented for filming. Wu Chia Hsiang was a conservative and traditional director and unlike Lo Wei who was more “adventurous” and “daring,’ thus, the one who was responsible for shooting the brothel scenes should be Lo Wei. Not forgetting he was good at horse gambling and maybe this kind of prostitution related affairs (There were old articles that mentioned TBB crew, mainly guys were treated to free prostitition, probably was a treat from Lo but Bruce didn't join them as he stayed in the hotel to write letters, rewriting TBB script, practising his martial arts and rest).

Lastly, no problem about writing to you. I’ll drop an email to you at your said email address when I'm free. Thank you, Lazemby.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Wu Chia Hsiang director of the brothel scene? - Horace on Apr 30, 2017, 8:54 AM
  •  
  • Re: Wu Chia Hsiang director of the brothel scene? - Shaolinguy on May 1, 2017, 6:52 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg