bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Re: Bruce Lee on the deleted love scene in The Big Boss

April 30 2017 at 7:27 PM
Horace  (Login Horace21)

Response to Re: Bruce Lee on the deleted love scene in The Big Boss

Excellent character relationship analysis, Samson! I agree that, due to Chiao Mei's status as a delicate flower (Side note: I really prefer Maria Yi's original shorter hair. There was no point in her donning those silly braid extensions!), a sexual conquest with her would've been out of the question, at least until they "formalized" it.

Also, the "cousin" part isn't actually a thing. For some reason the English dub cooked up a bloodline relationship between Cheng and the expatriate family Thailand. In the original Mandarin, they're just good folks who adopt him into the clan due to their good relationship with his immediate uncle. With that said....

IMO, there was an intimate bond created between Cheng and the red sweater Thai prozzie that went beyond sex for physical gratification. I mean, the magazine scans that was discussed on the other thread explicitly stated that they "made love in bed." Also of note that it has been stated that, before he departed the brothel room, Cheng left all of his money on top of the prostitute's belly, even thought he had no reason to. It would seem that he liked her as a person and wanted her to have a better life, but that's just me.

If Chaio Mei were to somehow discover that Cheng had a fling in the brothel prior to the final fight, do you think she would've forgiven him?

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Big Boss "cousins" - Chris Richards on May 1, 2017, 2:35 AM
  •  
  • Re: Bruce Lee on the deleted love scene in The Big Boss - JACKY on May 1, 2017, 3:12 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg