Re: Big Boss "cousins"May 1 2017 at 4:16 AM
|JACKY (Login drunkenfist)|
Response to Re: Big Boss "cousins"
I checked with my Chinese friends and they told me in the olden days, the people from the same town/village went abroad to work, they would take care of one another. Their relationships were like family. I read LJF's post on the real identity of Cheng Chao An. He was from a county called Chao San in Canton. Many townfolks from this county went to Thailand to make a living. Today, there are still many decendents of Chao San in Thailand.
So, I suppose all those people whom Cheng's uncle and Cheng met in the hostel were from the same town/village. They behaved like uncle, brothers and sisters but actually have no blood ties. Maybe except for Hsu Chien and Chiao Mei, they looked like cousins/siblings because when Hsu was missing for days, she was totally upset, reacted much more strongly than the other missing workers prior to Hsu Chien's missing. Yet, I doubt they were real cousins/siblings as Chia Mei called her brother Hsu instead of brother.
Re: Big Boss "cousins" - Horace on May 1, 2017, 4:24 AM
- Re: Big Boss 'cousins' - Herolung on Oct 15, 2017, 6:58 AM
- Re: Big Boss 'cousins' - Horace on Oct 15, 2017, 8:11 AM
- e: Big Boss 'cousins' - Herolung on Oct 17, 2017, 7:05 AM
- e: Big Boss 'cousins' - Herolung on Oct 17, 2017, 7:06 AM
- Re: Big Boss 'cousins' - Chris Richards on Oct 19, 2017, 1:46 AM