bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Re: Would rather much see a Big Boss Remake

May 2 2017 at 4:55 AM
JACKY  (Login drunkenfist)

Response to Re: Would rather much see a Big Boss Remake

Philip Ng no doubt is a good martial arts actor but IMO, he does not fit in Bruce's shoe well. If you've watched those trailers on "Birth of The Dragon", you'll know what I say. His performance in "Once Upon A Time In Shanghai" is good though, still, Philip's look is much different from Lee. I think it's hard to get someone that is close to Lee's look, physique, martial arts ability and most importantly, Lee's unique charisma. Maybe BL fans are demanding on these aspects whenever it comes to someone trying to play the role of Lee.

As for Donnie Yen's "New Big Boss," I understand that this is also its Chinese title. Donnie said in one of his earlier interviews that this movie is to pay tribute to BL but in no way to imitate the old Big Boss or a sequel to it. On the contrary, the main lead and the entire story tried to be different from Lee's Big Boss. I think many audience who expected to see something related to Lee in this movie were surely disappointed after watching it.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Would rather much see a Big Boss Remake - Horace on May 2, 2017, 8:55 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg