bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Re: Are there more deleted scenes on top of the 12 known deleted ones?

May 3 2017 at 2:00 PM
Chan Fan Man  (Login Chan_Fan_Man)

Response to Re: Are there more deleted scenes on top of the 12 known deleted ones?

Well you're really complaining about the setting. Of course it's anti Japanese - perhaps they should have made it anti British then no one would complain.

While I think we should accentuate the positive I tend to agree with Yuen Biao who said that if you took Bruce out of the films there wouldn't be much left - I think that's true of BB and FOF if we're talking about Bruce's total input. Not so much WOTD and ETD. Put Jimmy Wang Yu in BB and Bruce in something like 'Chinese Hercules' - which film would we be talking about now. And one of the amusing things about those first three Lee films is the fact that Bruce turns up and people start to die, some of whom probably otherwise wouldn't have. But BB is purely a revenge flick featuring a series of ass kickings and executions, and where, at the end, to satisfy the Chinese audience's sense of justice, he goes out in a hail of bullets. Judge it for what it is, not what it isn't.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Are there more deleted scenes on top of the 12 known deleted ones? - Chan Fan Man on May 3, 2017, 2:02 PM
  •  
  • Re: Are there more deleted scenes on top of the 12 known deleted ones? - Horace on May 3, 2017, 2:24 PM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg