bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

To LJF (Big Boss Locations & Shots)

May 6 2017 at 11:44 AM
Horace  (Login Horace21)

Response to Big Boss’ Restaurant & Bed Scene’s Filming Locations REVEALED!

Excellent info! And as always, I have a couple of more questions to follow:

1) Would there be any good reason for why the 5 male actors were absent from Maria Yi's Birthday Feast? I have an idea of why but I'll let you carry that ball LJF ;^)

2) Any further info as to the exact street/roads name where the Brothel, ice drink stall and worker's hostel's used to be located?

3) Was TBB production team already planning on doing some of the Bangkok shots under the helm of Ng Ka-Seung (aka Wu Chia-Hsiang)? It would seem that he was planning on filming absolutely everything in Pak Chong before Golden Harvest sacked him.

4) Any particular reason why Malalene's character was killed off? It's kinda silly of them to bring the red sweater chick (irregardless of her being an actress or prostitute) from Pak Chong to Bangkok to film the "final brothel room" scene with Bruce. Unless there was a big schedule conflict or some other unilateral reason I don't know about, they could've just filmed the brothel scene with Malalene instead of the red sweater chick.

5) Assuming that the red sweater lady was an actress, I'd guess that her "screen name" was on the Big Boss's credit roll intro (or outro) in the earliest Hong Kong theatrical releases. Any potential evidence in regards to this?

6) Any knowledge as to which Hotel De Moc room served as the setting for the "final brothel room" sequence? If I didn't know any better they did the shot at Bruce's own room haha.

I would also assume that the mythical "peeping eye" scene was shot at another Hotel De Moc room. Any info on that? It would seem that TBB cameraman Chen Ching-Chu has quite a crystal clear memory of the filming even after all these years.

Overall, I'm actually surprised at how much TBB production team relied on Bangkok for many shots. It's no surprising that many home media releases in the west straight up claim that the movie's story is set on Bangkok rather than Pak Chong. That village must've truly been hell on earth around '71, since according to Bruce's letters, they did not have even the most basic commodities and he had to rely on vitamins whilst they were there.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: To LJF (Big Boss Locations & Shots) - LJF on May 7, 2017, 10:36 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg