bruceleelivesbanner.jpg

Return to Index  

Cause of Death

July 9 2017 at 4:52 AM
JKD54  (Login JKD54)

Response to conclusion

I agree, cerebral edema is most likely the result of poisoning.

If Bruce was deliberately poisoned, it's more likely that Run Run Shaw was behind it rather than Raymond Chow. I don't recall reading anywhere that George Lazenby said Bruce "couldn't stand the sight of Chow". I also haven't read anywhere that Bruce and Raymond's relationship was so strained and acrimonious so as to make Chow want to kill Lee. Remember, Lee collapsed on May 10th while dubbing ETD. Why would Chow kill Lee before he could finish making ETD (which Golden Harvest was co-producing)? Makes no sense.

Also no evidence that Lee had signed any contract with Run Run Shaw. Maybe they had a verbal agreement, but Bruce wanted to go back to the US and he was getting offers from all over the world. His main offer was for a project with Italian producer Carlo Ponti. Bruce was also still planning to complete GOD in September. There's no evidence Bruce was abandoning GOD.

There are also no reports of any tantrums or blow ups with Raymond Chow, like the ones Bruce had with Lo Wei.

I really find it difficult to believe Raymond Chow had any motive to kill Bruce.

At least one could theoretically postulate Run Run Shaw had a motive, since he probably didn't want Raymond Chow to have the golden goose (Bruce). Their bitter rivalry could be a motive more for Shaw than for Chow. I recall reading that Betty Ting-Pei had some triad connections as well. Betty was always a suspicious character to me.

There are some details that are incorrect in that article e.g. Bruce and Chow did not meet at Bruce's home at 2:00 pm on the day Bruce died, but rather, they had lunch together with George Lazenby at a restaurant.

Anyway, I guess it's that time of year again when the anniversary of Bruce's death provokes new discussions.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Cause of Death - Anonymous on Jul 9, 2017, 6:14 AM
  •  
  • Run Run Shaw - Chris Richards on Jul 9, 2017, 10:51 AM
  •  
  • Re: Cause of Death... - dragonb on Jul 10, 2017, 2:51 AM
  •  
    Find more forums on Asian CelebritiesCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
    nickclarkewdbanner.jpg